Brentford striker Ivan Toney has been voted the Football League World Fans’ Championship Player of the Season.
In a poll run by fan engagement experts Snack Media, the striker earned an impressive 60% of the vote after scoring 33 goals and assisting 10 more in a season that saw Brentford beat Swansea City in the Play-Off final to secure promotion to the Premier League. Barnsley’s Michal Helik was in second place with 30%.
In the second of five votes carried out over seven days via Snack Media’s digital and social networks, the striker's performances were enough to win over Championship fans up and down the country.
The full list of contenders from the final shortlist polled as follows:
● Ivan Toney (Brentford) - 60%
● Michal Helik (Barnsley) - 30%
● Adam Armstrong (Blackburn Rovers) - 5%
● Freddie Woodman (Swansea City) – 3%
● Emiliano Buendía (Norwich City) – 2%
● Adam Masina (Watford) – 1%