The tournament that everyone has been talking about over the past few weeks gets underway for Brentford tonight as we take on St Mirren in the First Round of the Ultimate QuaranTeam Cup.
With the football season coming to a stop, Leyton Orient have stepped up to fill the void by putting together a 128-team knockout tournament using FIFA20 on PS4. From Premier League champions Man City, through to League 2, and clubs from around Europe, America, Australia and Africa, have all got their campaigns underway over the past 24 hours and tonight it is our turn.
Our First Round draw has pitted us, being represented by fan and (we hope) expert FIFA player Lewis Frampton, against The Buddies, who play in the Scottish Premiership. The game will kick-off at 7pm this evening, Monday 23 March, and will be streamed live on brentfordfc.com.
As well as keeping football fans entertained, the Cup is also raising vital funding for EFL clubs who are going to have massive financial struggles (as of course will many industries across the world) during this time of fixture postponement. With no match day income for the foreseeable future football clubs are struggling and things will only get worse.
75% of money raised will be given to the EFL within 28 days with the remaining 25% split between the EFL’s chosen charity ‘MIND’, and the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fundraiser by WHO.
Please visit our Just Giving page to donate.
- Round of 128 – To be played from Sunday 22nd March – 7pm
- Round of 64 – To be played from Tuesday 24th March – 7pm
- Round of 32 – To be played from Thursday 26th March – 7pm
- Round of 16- To be played from Saturday 28th March – 7pm
- Quarter-finals – To be played from Monday 30th March -7pm
- Semi-Final – To be played from Wednesday 1st April -7pm
- Final – To be played from Friday 3rd April – 7pm
- 85 mode.
- Six minutes per half
- Each player will play as their own team.
- Head to head friendlies NOT ULTIMATE TEAM