Earlier this week, we provided an update for fans that are in possession of tickets for the final games of the ongoing 2019/20 season. This followed confirmation from the EFL that there are firm plans in place to resume the season on the weekend of 20 June with all games to be behind closed doors.
In the past hours the EFL has confirmed more details of the plans for the season. This includes details of the number of games that will be broadcast live by Sky Sports and also that it has been agreed that clubs can make available to their Season Ticket Holders, access to their side’s nine remaining home and away games via the iFollow platform. That announcement from the EFL can be seen here.
The Club has been working on more details for fans that hold any tickets for our five remaining home matches this season as they will not be able to attend. We can update as follows:
- We are pleased to announce all refunds due to fans that had tickets for the Fulham and Reading away matches that were bought via our ticketing website were finalised today.
- A small number of supporters who purchased Fulham and Reading tickets from the Box Office have been issued a full credit to their ticket accounts. Should you require a cash refund you are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange the best way to make to refund.
- We would like to reiterate our gratitude to all supporters that are contacting us wanting to donate the value of their match tickets or Season Tickets to us. Togetherness is a particularly difficult value to hold on to when we cannot be physically together. As a Club we have shown great Togetherness this season and that has enabled us to be in a strong position on and off the pitch. At the start of this unprecedented period we asked our players, staff and fans to continue to pull together. By supporting each other we felt we could come out of this stronger than ever. Our fans have understood that we have no way of raising income during this period and have wanted to help. We know not everyone is fortunate enough to be in a position to donate their match ticket cost to us but it shows the Togetherness at Brentford FC that so many have.
- We are delighted that the EFL and Sky Sports have reached agreement on delivering all STH free live coverage of our remaining nine home and away fixtures via iFollow (the EFL’s digital streaming platform). Over the coming days we will be working with the EFL on how we deliver this service to our Season Ticket Holders. We hope this solution will be welcomed by our STH and delivers you what you want – access to The Bees. By the end of next week, we will provide further information to our STH on how you receive your iFollow access along with details of potential refunds to STH that can’t or don’t want to make use of the iFollow access to our nine remaining games.
- We continue working on a plan to address supporters who bought individual match tickets for our remaining five home games of this season of the options open to them. The majority of tickets were purchased by our Club Members. We expect to be able to confirm details of our plan later next week. As previously communicated, there will be three options for supporters – to donate the value of their tickets to the Club, to obtain a credit on their ticketing accounts for future ticket purchases or Club Membership fees or a full cash refund. More details will follow as soon as we have everything in place.