Young midfielder Dru Yearwood became our eighth summer signing when he arrived on a long-term deal from Southend United on Monday. Find out more about our new man below.
- Dru Anthony Yearwood was born in Harlow, Essex, on 17 February 2000.
- He joined the Arsenal Academy as a seven-year-old, playing a year below now Brentford teammate Josh Dasilva.
- Dru moved onto Southend as an 11-year-old and was first involved in the first-team squad ahead of the 2017-18 season.
- He signed his first professional contract in July of that year and went on to make his debut in a Carabao Cup tie at home to Newport County the following month.
- Five days later his league debut followed as a substitute during a 5-0 defeat at Rotherham United.
- During his maiden season, Yearwood made 29 appearances for The Shrimpers, contributing five assists, performances which earned him the Southend Young Player of the Year award and a nomination for the LFE Apprentice of the Year award.
- That form attracted the attention of England scouts with Yearwood included in the England Under-18 squad for that summer’s Panda Cup in China. He was the only outfield player below the Sky Bet Championship named but had to pull out due to injury.
- That injury delayed the start of his season until late September, but he still managed to make 33 appearances as United guaranteed League One survival on the final day.
- Despite not turning 20 until next February, Dru already has more than 50 league appearances to his name, and captained United in the Checkatrade Trophy win over Southampton Under-23s
- Away from football, Dru thinks of himself as a quality Fortnite player. He can be followed on Twitter and Instagram.
Dru has signed up for our final season at Griffin Park, join Dru by becoming a season ticket holder.