Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Report & Match Action: Bees draw double in Denmark Tournament

Final day sees two clean sheets for Bees keepers

13 August 2019

Brentford B came away goalless after their final 90 minutes in Denmark on Sunday afternoon. First, The Bees drew 0-0 with Puerto Pro in 45 minutes, then secured the same result against hosts FC Midtjylland.

Puerto had won their earlier game 1-0 thanks to a strike in the 11th minute. FCM couldn't get back into the game despite hitting the crossbar late on.

The series of results meant the Colombian side emerged victorious overall on the day, Brentford taking second and FCM third. The Bees will now return home later on Sunday evening after five days of a successful tour in West Jutland.

Game One: Brentford B 0-0 Puerto Pro

In the first game of Brentford's tournament, The Bees looked a lot more under pressure than last time in the week, but once again neither team could find a way past the other.

In the opening 90 seconds, the opponents nearly capitalised on a mistake at the back. Some neat one-two play pout them in behind but Simon Andersson got across to palm the ball away.

Minutes later, Arthur Read went one-on-one when he robbed the defender of the ball and accelerated towards goal. His shot was struck low but the keeper stuck out his leg and managed to divert it beyond the post.

After 20 minutes, Brentford might have had their best chance. A well-worked corner from Christian Tue Jensen was fired across the face of goal. Bodies everywhere, no one could get a touch and it whistled all the way through.

Shortly after, Jaden Brisset flicked the ball through to Fredrik Hammar in the box. He turned his man and fired at goal, but the ball came off the defender and went wide.

With 24 minutes gone, it looked like Puerto would get in after a mistake at the back. Andersson was alert though, gathering the ball quickly away from the striker's feet.

As 37 minutes ticked by, Brentford got a free-kick on the edge of the box. With Jensen off the field, Brissett stepped up to take the kick. Hitting it through the wall, the ball curved in front of the keeper but he managed to grasp it.

Joe Adams had a chance to find someone in the box before it ended, but his cross was just too powerful for the forwards to get on to. Finnsson tried to get it back in but the defenders got in the way.

Brentford B: Andersson; Titov, O'Connor, Trialist, Finnsson; Oksanen, Carre, Hammar; Tue Jensen (Adams 35), Read, Brissett (Trialist 39)

Game Two: FCM Res 0-0 Brentford B

The second game got off to similar way for The Bees, but they were almost behind the opening 90 seconds. The ball cut back to the edge of the box, Oliver Sorensen was there to strike it low and narrowly wide of the target.

The home side were almost in on goal when Raphael crossed from the right, Jaden Brissett getting in the way of the ball ahead of Simon Ulrich and Christian Tue Jensen then clearing long.

After 10 minutes, Jensen was at the other end causing trouble for Valdemar Thorsen. The midfielder, on loan from FCM, tried a snapshot from the edge of the box but it hit a defender. Looping up, Thorsen had to adjust to catch it but did well.

One of the best chances of the game followed. Nick Tsaroulla clipped a perfect pass between Tobias Anker and Kris Lund, allowing Gustav Mogensen to break clear. The Danish striker slid the ball to Brissett, one-on-one with the keeper, but the finish was straight at Thorsen. The keeper stretched out a leg and parried the chance away from danger.

With 20 gone, Mads Hansen looked like he was clear down the left. David Titov, who was the star performer in both fixtures, raced back to make a superb challenge and deny the Dane a cross into the box.

Just before the half hour mark, Brentford might have opened the scoring. A low ball into the box by Joe Adams made its way through a crowd of bodies. Lund just managed to get his foot to it, which caused the ball to loop up and Jensen couldn't reach it.

At the other end, Jibrill was played in by Sorensen and looked like he might score. Cutting inside Kane O'Connor, he struck the ball low but wide of Nathan Shepperd's goal.

Just before the final whistle, Brentford nearly snuck an equaliser. Arthur Read sent a free-kick to the far post in the box and there was Jonny Mitchell arriving. The defender volleyed it first-time but saw the ball dip wide of the opposite post.

FCM: Thorsen; Raphael, Anker, Lund; Justice, Sorensen, Hansen, Hannola, Ulrich; Jibrill, Damtoft

Brentford B: Shepperd; Titov, O'Connor, Mitchell, Tsaroulla; Tue Jensen (Brissett 36), Hammar (Finnsson 24), Oksanen (Carre 24); Brissett (Read 24), Mogensen, Adams (Trialist 42)

Advertisement block