Brentford fans heading to The Emirates this evening will not be able to use the Piccadilly Line as industrial action goes ahead.
TFL have released the following update to assist the 8,500 Brentford fans making the journey to The Emirates:
Due to planned industrial action affecting the Piccadilly line from 1200 on Wednesday 26 September until the afternoon of Friday 28 September 2018 Transport for London expects no service to operate across the whole Piccadilly line before and after Arsenal’s League Cup match against Brentford.
- As a consequence of the Piccadilly line strike, other Tube, rail and bus services will be busy, especially the northbound Victoria line. There may be queues to enter some stations while they temporarily restrict access. Supporters travelling to the match should allow more time for their journeys and avoid using the Victoria line at King’s Cross St Pancras station wherever possible.
- Alternative routes to the Emirates Stadium
- Supporters may find it easier to travel to stations a little further away from the stadium and complete their journeys on foot or by bus
- Use Northern line services to Archway or Angel stations and continue on foot or by bus to the Emirates Stadium
- Walk or use local bus services from King’s Cross St Pancras (approximately 2 miles).
- From east London use London Overground services between Stratford and Highbury & Islington
- Travelling to Finsbury Park
- Use either National Rail services from King’s Cross, Moorgate, Farringdon, Blackfriars or London Bridge stations
- Travelling to Highbury & Islington
- Supporters travelling from the Richmond, Chiswick and Acton areas should use direct London Overground services from Richmond, Gunnersbury, South Acton or Acton Central
- Arsenal, Holloway Road and Caledonian Road stations will be closed.
- Finsbury Park Underground station will be exit only from 21:30. Access will be available to National Rail services from Finsbury Park station as normal, although extended queues are expected.
- Highbury & Islington station – significant queues are expected for Victoria line and London Overground services. Supporters may find they have a faster journey by walking or using local bus services to Archway or Angel stations and use Northern line services. Alternatively walk or use local bus services to King’s Cross St Pancras station.
For the latest service information visit www.tfl.gov.uk