Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Match Report: Met Police FC 0 Brentford B 3

Trio strike for Bees as they progress in London Cup

28 November 2018

Brentford B progressed to the Quarter-Finals of the London FA Senior Cup after a 3-0 win over Met Police FC at Imber Court on Wednesday night.

Jonny Mitchell scored the first goal just before half-time, then David Titov and Kolbeinn Finnsson added strikes in the second half.

Kevin O'Connor made three changes to the side that drew 2-2 with Huddersfield Town earlier this month. Jaakko Oksanen, Kolbeinn Finnsson and Cole Dasilva returned to the side.

Mitchell came onto the field for Oksanen after 40 minutes, replacing the injured midfielder. His first touch turned into the first goal for The Bees. Joe Hardy had smashed the ball towards goal, which then cannoned back out off the goalkeeper. There on the follow-up was Mitchell to slot home from close range.

It took 20 minutes in the second half for the lead to be doubled. Canice Carroll spotted a opportunity when he clipped a perfect ball over the top of The Met defence. Titov was steaming in to volley the ball into the net from just inside the box.

Henrik Johansson came close to making an instant impact when he was brought on after 76 minutes. His turn and shot on the left side of the box dropped inches wide of the post.

Brentford's third then came from great play by the Swedish winger. He let Jarvis Edobor run on down the wing and instead switched play for Finnsson. The Icelandic winger cut inside before firing the ball into the net via a little deflection to take it past the keeper.

Brentford B: Gunnarsson; Kirk, Racic, Oliver, C. Dasilva (sub Edobor 76); Oksanen (sub Mitchell 42), Carroll, Zamburek; Finnsson, Hardy, Titov (sub Johansson 76)

Subs (not used): Andersson (GK)

Met Police FC: Kozakis; Hendicott, Green (sub Ness 85), Isaacs, Fisher; Nyama; Hippolyte, Mummery (c) (sub Autorino 85), Gilbert, Brown; Murdoch (sub King 77)

Subs: Torpey

Advertisement block