Julian Jeanvier has joined Ezri Konsa and Saïd Benrahma through the gates at Griffin Park this summer after agreeing a four-year contract earlier today. Get to know more about our new 26-year-old defender below.
- Julian Jeanvier was born in Clichy, a commune in the north-west of Paris, on 31 March 1992 and comes from a sporting family; his brother is a semi-professional boxer.
- Julian’s first club was local side USA Clichy, and he grew up playing with current LOSC Lille defender Kévin Malcuit.
- After impressing with USA, Julian was registered at the the French National Training Centre at Clairefontaine, spending three years there before signing his first professional contract with AS Nancy-Lorraine.
- His professional debut came in January 2013, as he played 90 minutes during Nancy’s 2-2 draw with Lille. After 11 appearances for Nancy in League and Cup, Julian joined Lille the following summer but failed to make a single appearance during his debut season at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy.
- Julian was on the move again the following summer, agreeing a season-long switch to Belgian Jupiler Pro League team Royal Excel Mouscron for whom he made 17 appearances.
- The defender’s first professional goal arrived in October 2015 as he netted the opener in a 1-1 draw with Nimes Olympique for Red Star Paris in Ligue 2.
- Following a move to Stade De Reims in 2016, Julian came up against Neal Maupay during the 2016/17 season. It was Neal who took the glory, scoring an 88th minute winner for Stade Brestois 29, after Julian had given Reims the lead, in a 2-1 victory.
- Last season, Julian picked up the first silverware of his career as Reims romped to the Ligue 2 title. The then 25-year-old made 33 appearances, scoring twice, as David Guion’s side won the league by 15 points. With Julian in the team, Reims kept 18 clean sheets and finished the season with a goals against tally of just 24.
- Julian’s sole international honours thus far came back in 2009/10 as he took part in a Youth Tournament in The Canary Islands with the French Under-18 side.
- In total, Julian has made 117 appearances, 107 of them from the start, scoring seven goals. He has been voted into the UNFP Ligue 2 Team of the Year both of the past two seasons.
Julian could make his Bees debut this Saturday when we host Rotherham United at Griffin Park. Tickets for that game are on sale now from just £23 adults and £6 Juniors. Click here to buy online