Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Futsal Bees bag four points in double header

A win and a draw for Futsal side

26 April 2018

Match 1: Brentford FC Futsal 6 Southampton ‘B’ 3 Match 2: Brentford FC Futsal 5 Albion in the Community 5

Brentford FC Futsal Club played a double header in the south east division of the EFLT Futsal League last week and picked up four points. The Bees faced Southampton ‘B’, and then an hour later, Albion in The Community ‘A’. With the league heading towards its final stages and four play-off places up for grabs, it was important for Brentford to come away with some points.

Handicapped by withdrawals due to injuries and illness, the TW8 scholars travelled with six players to face 80 minutes of futsal. First up were Southampton, and The Bees were very quickly 2-0 down. It looked like it was going to be a long day for Brentford. However, All-Star participant Said Gutale opened the scoring for Brentford in the ninth minute and the momentum shifted towards them. But several missed chances looked like they would ensure The Bees would go in behind at the interval.

Two goals in 60 seconds, one by Mustafa Nishat and another by top scorer Moayed Ibrahim, put Brentford 3-2 in the lead with less than half a minute to play in the first period. A lapse of concentration with a long ball thrown by the Saints keeper, saw a missed header controlled and fired in to level it up at 3-3 with two seconds left of the first half.

The second half was dominated by Brentford, and further goals by Nishat and Gutale put the game beyond the south coast team. Naz Abdullah ended the scoring to secure a 6-3 win, and the points for Brentford.

In the second game Brentford faced Albion in The Community, who started the day second in the league, and almost pulled off an audacious win. Once again, The Bees went behind to an early goal, but steadied the ship and were back on level terms in the 13th minute, when Moayed Ibrahim equalised. Albion took the lead from the restart, but Ibrahim again levelled a minute later. The scored remained 2-2 at the interval.

Once again The Seagulls took the lead only for Ibrahim to complete his hattrick in the 27th minute. Brentford wasted some good opportunities, only to be punished with a penalty which rocked them for a few minutes, to trail 4-3. But a magnificent goal by Said Gutale from eight metres out put The Bees back in the game at 4-4.

With Brentford defying the fatigue, Ibrahim put the Bees in front with a close-range finish with two minutes to play. It looked like Brentford were going to secure maximum points, when a loss of possession from a kick in was punished, and the clock ran out on Brentford to finish 5-5.

Brentford have two more games to play - against Chelsea ‘A’ and Southend ‘A’ - as they bid to make the league play-offs before setting off to Derby Arena for The EFLT Futsal Trophy Finals.

Advertisement block