An opportunity has arisen to work with the next generation of Brentford players. The Club is seeking an Individual Development Coach. The primary aim of the role is for a coach to accelerate the development of Brentford FC’s top prospects aged between 17 and 20 years old.
All details can be seen below.
Brentford Football Club – Individual Development Coach Job Description
Brentford Football Club is a professional football club based in Brentford, in the London Borough of Hounslow, that currently plays in the English Football League Championship. Brentford Football Club was founded on 10 October 1889 and plays its home games at Griffin Park, its home stadium since 1904. Planning is underway for a new Brentford Community Stadium around a mile from Griffin Park.
Brentford's most successful spell came during the 1930s, when it achieved consecutive top six finishes in the First Division. Since the Second World War, it has spent most of its time in the third and fourth tiers of English football. Brentford has been FA Cup quarter-finalists on four occasions, and has three times been Football League Trophy runners-up. The Club's aim is to play at the top level of English football in the Premier League.
The Role ofIndividual Development Coach
This role will be part of the Coaching Department and will be based at the Club’s Training Ground.
The main responsibility of the Individual Development Coach is to accelerate the development of Brentford FC’s top prospects aged between 17 and 20 years old.
- Creating and updating their Individual Development Plans.
- Ensuring that Individual Development plans get executed with high quality.
- Clipping games and giving players feedback in relations to their individual development plans.
- Building close relationships with the top prospects to make sure they develop both as footballers and human beings.
- Working with the Heads of Department to ensure that each player’s priorities are aligned and that messages to the player are consistent.
- Having weekly contact with the First Team and B Team Coaching Staff about each player’s development.
- Driving a culture where individual focus and (self)training is high priority.
- Objectively demonstrate improvement in player development.
General Club Accountabilities
- To ensure compliance with all relevant Club policies, including health and safety policies.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
- To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing Brentford Football Club.
- To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Club and its personnel.
- To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times.
Essential Personal Characteristics
- Excellent at creating structure and organization.
- Outstanding people skills. The ability to build relationships is essential in this role.
- Ability to work within a team and take on board others opinions.
- Knowledgeable about the details of the game.
- Passionate about developing young players
- Experience of developing young players.
- Open Minded.
- UEFA A Licence holder.
The role will be located at The Training Ground, Jersey Road, Brentford.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 31 October.