Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Loan Round-Up: Marcondes on target again for FCN

Catch up with the fortunes of our players away at Griffin Park

28 August 2017

There were two wins, two draws, and one defeat for our five players away from Griffin Park over the Bank Holiday weekend.

In Denmark, Emiliano Marcondes scored his third goal in seven games this season as FC Nordsjaelland moved four points clear at the top of the Alka Superliga. København were the latest side to taste defeat at the Right to Dream Park with Brentford bound Marcondes setting up Godsway Donyoh for the opener before adding the second before the break. Ernest Asante wrapped up the points with six minutes to play as FCN made it six wins from seven ahead of the international break.

Konstantin Kerschbaumer and DSC Arminia Bielefeld were denied victory for the first time this season as they drew 1-1 away at 1. FC Union Berlin. After a goalless first-half, Andreas Voglsammer fired DSC ahead a minute into the second-half but Marcel Hartel levelled nine minutes later. The draw sees DSC drop to third in the 2.Bundesliga, level on points with the top two. 

Back in England, Reece Cole played an hour as Newport County christened their new Rodney Parade pitch with a 4-1 win over Chesterfield. After three straight away games, The Exiles returned to South Wales for their first home game of the campaign and picked up the points thanks to a Frank Nouble hat-trick and a debut goal for Padraig Amond. That win leaves them second in League Two with eight points from their opening four games. 

Also in League Two, Carlisle United suffered a heavy defeat away at Lincoln Town on Satuday. Jack Bonham could do little as Alex Woodyard scored either side of the break for The Imps. Tom Parkes was then shown a second yellow in the incident which led to Matt Rhead making it three from the spot. Reggie Lambe pulled one back with a quarter of an hour to go but Billy Knott added a fourth in the dying minutes. 

In Sky Bet League One, Bradford City and Tom Field let a three-goal lead slip to draw 3-3 at The Bescot Stadium as Walsall scored an 87th minute equaliser. Goals from Shay McCartan, Dominic Poleon and Matthew Kilgallon put City firmly in the driving seat and seemingly heading towards all three points. However, goals within six minutes of each other from Luke Leahy and Tyler Roberts suddenly saw the momentum swing back in the Saddlers' favour and Amadou Bakayoko headed home from close range three minutes from time to complete the remarkable comeback.

Advertisement block