Midfield player confirms departure
Harry Forrester has turned down the offer of a new contract at Brentford Football Club to sign for Doncaster Rovers.
The attacking midfield player was out of contract on Sunday, June 30.
Brentford made Harry an offer of a new contract to keep him at Griffin Park but he did not accept.
On Monday, July 1, Harry was able to exercise his right to sign for another club and the 22-year old has told Brentford he has signed for Doncaster.
Doncaster manager Paul Dickov also confirmed a deal had been agreed.
As he is under 24 Brentford will be entitled to compensation for the transfer of his registration.
The Club is yet to agree a fee with Doncaster but discussions are on-going.
A tribunal may be required if an agreement cannot be reached.
Harry arrived at Brentford in August 2011 and played 68 games for The Bees over the course of two seasons, 54 of them in League One.
He scored 11 goals in all competitions.
Mark Warburton, Brentford FC Sporting Director, said: “We would like to thank Harry for his service and commitment over the last two seasons.
“We wish him well for his future career.
“Whilst sorry to see Harry depart Griffin Park, it simply underlines the fact that whilst we as a club will move to attract and secure talented individuals, we only want players who are absolutely committed to Brentford FC.
“We will make very positive and aggressive offers to retain the services of key staff, but not seek to break the pay structures that we think are appropriate.”