We head to Lancashire tonight looking for a sixth win in seven Sky Bet Championship outings and a place in the Play-Off places. Below you will find all the info you need to know as we take on Tony Mowbray's men.
- Blackburn have lost one of their past 12 home league matches against us (W9 D2 L1), a 3-2 defeat in March 2015.
- We are looking to win consecutive league matches against Blackburn, having beaten them 5-2 in February.
- Blackburn Rovers haven't won three consecutive league games at Ewood Park since January.
- We are looking to win four consecutive away league matches for the first time since September 2011 under Uwe Rosler.
- Bradley Dack has been directly involved in eight goals in the Championship this season (seven goals, one assist); double the amount of any other Blackburn player.
- Ollie Watkins has scored 11 league goals this season - only in 2016/17 for Exeter City has he managed more in a single campaign (13, excluding play-offs).
After achieving a 15th-placed finish last term during their first season back in the second tier, Blackburn Rovers fans expected Tony Mowbray's side to kick on again this term, but it hasn't quite happened that way so far this campaign.
Rovers head into tonight's game in 17th position, having won just twice in their last nine Championship outings. Granted those two wins have come in their two most recent home games; a 2-1 success over Sheffield Wednesday and Saturday's 3-2 victory over Barnsley. That nine game run has also seen them ship 18 goals, with 14 going in at the right end from a Rovers perspective.
As has been the case for the last couple of seasons, much in an attacking sense rests on the shoulders of Bradley Dack. The 25-year-old has eight goals to his name already this campaign, and is averaging better than a goal every 2.5 games during his time at Ewood Park so far.
Tony Mowbray was appointed Head Coach of Blackburn Rovers on 22 February 2017. A distinguished defender in his playing days, Mowbray made 670 professional appearances, achieving back-to-back promotions as captain of his hometown club Middlesbrough in the late 1980s. His career also took in stays at Celtic and Ipswich Town before he was handed his first managerial job at Hibernian in 2004.
In October 2006, Mowbray was appointed Manager of West Bromwich Albion. He led The Baggies to the Championship title in his second season at The Hawthorns. Celtic came calling in June 2009, before Mowbray returned to former club Middlesbrough in October 2010. Mowbray left Boro in October 2013 and took charge of Coventry City from March 2015 to September 2016. Under his leadership, Blackburn secured an immediate return to the Championship following relegation in 2016/17.
Thomas Frank is able to welcome back Christian Nørgaard following his one-game suspension but Julian Jeanvier (suspension), Sergi Canos, Nikos Karelis, Josh Clarke, and Joel Valencia are all out.
Blackburn are boosted by the return of Ryan Nyambe. Nyambe was suffering from a virus on his return from international duty with Namibia, missing Rovers' 3-2 victory over Barnsley at the weekend as a result. The right-back should be available having rejoined training, but midfielder Joe Rothwell could be sidelined with a calf issue that saw him limp off on Saturday. Greg Cunningham (knee), Derrick Williams (calf) and Joe Grayson (hamstring) miss out through injury.
THOMAS FRANK'S PRE-MATCH THOUGHTS
Tickets for tonight's trip to Ewood Park will be on sale from the Away End Ticket Office at the Darwen End of the ground from 6pm on Wednesday, cash and card payment available.
(65 and over)
HOW TO FOLLOW
Domestic fans can watch tonight's Sky Bet Championship trip to Blackburn Rovers live on iFollow with a Match Pass.
iFollow Brentford will be live from 7.30pm with Billy Reeves and Ben Burgess bringing live commentary from Ewood Park.
Click below to find out more about how you can follow the game wherever you are!
iFollow | Domestic (UK, Ireland, Isle of Man)
- Monthy Pass (audio only) (£4.49)
- Seasonal Pass (audio only) (£45)
- Match Pass (audiovisual coverage) £10
iFollow | International (other countries worldwide)