We head to South Yorkshire tomorrow targeting a fourth away win in five Sky Bet Championship matches. Following last Saturday's 7-0 victory over Luton Town, Thomas Frank's side will be looking to carry their good form into the trip to Sheffield Wednesday. Below you will find all the info ahead of the game.
- Sheffield Wednesday have won four of their last five home league matches against Brentford (L1), winning the last two.
- We have lost our last two league visits to Sheffield Wednesday but have never lost three consecutively.
- Sheffield Wednesday are unbeaten in six home league games (W2 D4), though each of the last three have ended level.
- We have won six of our last eight Championship games (L2) - no side has won more over this period in the competition.
- Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Barry Bannan has started 29 open play sequences ending in a shot in the Championship this season - four more than any other player.
- No Championship player has been involved in more open play sequences ending in a goal than Ollie Watkins this season (17) - he has been directly involved in 10 goals in his last 11 league games (8 goals, 2 assists).
Sheffield Wednesday's 3-1 win over Charlton Athletic last weekend ended a five-match winless run which had seen The Owls drop out of the Sky Bet Championship top six.
Garry Monk's side haven't exactly thrilled at home this term, scoring just ten times in nine league outings, conceding a misely six goals. They are also without a win in front of the home faithful since late October, drawing their last three.
Much will rely from an attacking sense on Steven Fletcher. The experienced frontman has found the net eight times this term, five more than any of his teammates, two of those coming last weekend during the win over Charlton.
There was shock when Garry Monk lost his job at Birmingham City in June with Sheffield Wednesday winning the race to appoint the 40-year-old in September.
The central defender began his playing career with Torquay United before moving on to Southampton in 1996. Following loan spells with Stockport County, Oxford United and Sheffield Wednesday, he joined Barnsley on a permanent deal. After making just three appearances for The Tykes, he joined League Two side Swansea City in 2004 and went on to play in every division for The Swans until they reached the top flight in 2011, the majority of his later appearances coming as captain.
Stepping into the dugout, Monk saved Swansea from relegation and took them to the Europa League Round of 32, having taken over from Michael Laudrup in 2014. The following year saw league doubles over both Arsenal and Manchester United as City finished eighth. After a run of one win in 11 games he left Swansea in 2015, ending a 12 year association with the Welsh club. A season-long stay at Leeds United, where he guided The Whites to their highest league finish in six years, and a short spell at Middlesbrough followed before his arrival at Birmingham City in March 2018. After saving Blues from relegation during the first few months of his reign, he led City to a 17th-place finish last term, despite the second city Club picking up a nine-point deduction.
Julian Jeanvier is back after serving a three-game suspension but Sergi Canos, Nikos Karelis, Joel Valencia, and Josh Clarke all remain out injured.
Sheffield Wednesday will be without the injured duo of Fernando Forestieri and Kieran Westwood but have a clean bill of health otherwise. Liam Palmer's suspension means that former Bee Moses Odubajo is likely to continue at right-back but The Owls welcome back a Julian of their own, Borner, after he served a one-match ban last time out.
Supporters will be able to Pay on the Day, cash only at the away turnstiles. Any duplicates and collections from Gate 6, next to the away turnstiles.
(65 and over)
HOW TO FOLLOW
iFollow Brentford will be live from 2.30pm with Mark Burridge, Mick Cabble, and Ciaran Brett. Click below to find out more about how you can follow the game wherever you are.
iFollow | Domestic (UK, Ireland, Isle of Man)
- Live audio coverage
iFollow | International (other countries worldwide)