Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Behaviour Policy
We actively promote Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in our behaviour, practices and values.
Football is for everyone; it belongs to, and should be enjoyed by anyone who wants to participate in it, whether as a player, official, staff member or spectator. We aim, therefore, to bring people together in a way that supports positive change, makes people feel valued and improves the lives and inclusion experience of our fans and greater community.
As fans of Brentford Football Club we are one family, and regardless of your background, it is fundamental to our values that everyone should be made to feel welcome as supporters of this Club. We are committed, therefore, to confronting and eradicating any form of discrimination, whether it is of race, religion or belief, colour, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, age, ethnicity, pregnancy or maternity, disability or gender reassignment.
We ensure that we treat everyone fairly and with respect, and that we provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in. At Brentford, we are proud to represent every part of our diverse community and for those that don’t share these views, we will not compromise on our values:
- We have zero-tolerance towards discriminatory language, abuse, chanting and behaviour of any kind.
- We expect our community to behave towards others in a manner consistent with principles of fairness, respect and tolerance.
- We find hateful behaviour based on any form of discrimination abhorrent.
- We don’t want you at Brentford if you can’t accept that, or if you behave in a manner that is incompatible with these values.
In the first instance:
- We encourage you, if you see or hear racist, sexist, homophobic, or other behaviour of hate or division to use any of our reporting mechanisms:
Our promise to you:
- We will thoroughly investigate such incidents and any behaviour from an individual or group, which is calculated to divide our fans and community, or cause trouble.
- We will deal with this appropriately and expediently, which may result in a banning order or ejection from our ground.
- We will continually review our methods, approach and means of dealing with such behaviour to help prevent further incidents.
We believe that being inclusive and welcoming is an important part of what will make us unbeatable, and the team that everyone in our community will be proud to support, and be associated with.
For more information please visit our Policies & Regulations page.