We started our pre-season fixture schedule with a 2-0 win over Boreham Wood on Saturday afternoon.

Bryan Mbeumo scored a first-half penalty at the LV Bet Stadium, added to by a Josh Dasilva strike late in the second period.

The Bees started on the front foot and had a handful of chances in the opening minutes. The best came from a one-two between Wissa and Trevitt, the latter shooting. Goalkeeper Nathan Ashmore was equal to it.

At the other end, Matthew Cox - who just signed a new six-year deal with the Club - had to be alert to watch Danny Newton's long-range effort into his hands.

With only nine minutes played, referee Will Finnie was pointing to the penalty spot. Trevitt was involved again, sweeping a pass into the path of Yoane Wissa who was then felled by Dennon Lewis.

Mbeumo stepped up to convert the penalty, with Ivan Toney in the second-half eleven. He sent the keeper the wrong way to slot it into the bottom corner.

After a short water break mid-way through the half, Brentford continued to press the advantage. Mbeumo got a sight of goal from the edge of the box but it drifted narrowly wide.

Then Trevitt was found by Halil Dervisoglu, set the ball from a shot and then hit one. It was blocked by Mark Ricketts.

Before the end of the half, Cox had to be sharp. Fin Stevens gave away possession to Wood's Trialist in the centre of the pitch. He drove forward and fired low, the Bees' keeper getting down brilliantly to palm the ball wide.

At the break, it was all change. Brentford switched out every player, while the home side made a few changes of their own.

The second period was a scrappier affair, although it could have started with an immediate second for Brentford.

Nathan Young-Coombes was played in behind, saw his shot saved by Ashmore but it continued to trickle towards the line. Stephens got back to hook it clear, only for Baptiste to follow-up with a shot that was diverted narrowly wide of the target.

Josh Dasilva showed a good turn of pace to race clear in the middle. He had Toney with him but chose to have a go, driving his shot inches beyond the post.

After an hour, Young-Coombes had the ball in the net but it was ruled out. Toney had taken the shot, whipping it across the keeper from the edge of the box. It parried off him but NYC was there to nod home. The assistant's flag went up on the near side and confirmed he'd been stood offside.

The Wood pushed on as time drew to an close but couldn't get close enough to trouble Ellery Balcombe - who spent last season on loan with Bromley in the National League, finishing on the same points as today's hosts.

The second goal came right at the death. Dasilva drilled the ball through a crowd in the penalty area. It took a deflection off Stephens as it crossed the line but it was our number 10's goal.

Boreham Wood First Half: Ashmore, Ilesanmi, Ricketts (c), Evans, Stephens, Egan, Ndlovu, Newton, Lewis, Mendy, Trialist

Brentford First Half: Cox; Stevens, Jansson (c), Racic, Henry; Janelt, Peart-Harris, Trevitt; Mbeumo, Dervisoglu, Wissa

Boreham Wood Second Half: Ashmore, Stevens, Stephens, Fyfield, Kelly-Evans, Smith, Egan, Rees, Marsh, Elliott.

Brentford Second half: Balcombe; Roerslev, Oyegoke, Bech, Thompson; Maghoma, Dasilva, Baptiste; Young-Coombes, Toney (c), Canos