Three second-half goals saw Brentford secure another home win, as they beat Luton Town 3-1 at Gtech Community Stadium.

After an uneventful opening 45 minutes, two goals shortly after the break from Neal Maupay and Ben Mee looked to have secured the victory, but Jacob Brown halved the deficit with 15 minutes to play and breathed life into the contest.

A late strike from substitute Shandon Baptiste secured the three points, which solidified the west Londoners' spot in the top half of the Premier League.

Bees dominate possession but struggle to break Luton down

Thomas Frank made one change from the 1-0 defeat to Arsenal last weekend, with Kristoffer Ajer - who was originally meant to be in the starting XI, before pulling out late due to injury - replaced by Maupay.

Luton made two changes, as Issa Kaboré and Taith Chong came in for Alfie Doughty and Andros Townsend Snr.

The first half-chance of the game came in the 21st minute, as Christian Nørgaard took a long throw in the absence of Mathias Jensen. Ethan Pinnock rose the highest to flick on to Maupay, but his looping header was caught comfortably by Thomas Kaminski.

With the Bees struggling to create, Bryan Mbeumo tried to take things into his own hands, as he picked up the ball in the final third. He beat two players and cut inside, as he loves to do, but his effort went flying over the bar.

The forward had a similar chance 10 minutes later, but it went just wide of Kaminski's goal.

The Luton keeper, who was booked for time wasting in the 38th minute, had a shaky moment soon after as he spilt Wissa's effort, but duly collected with Mbeumo pressuring.

There was a potential penalty for the hosts just before half-time, when Kaboré appeared to control the ball with a combination of his arm and thigh, but Anthony Taylor disagreed, and the half ended goalless.

Maupay, Mee and Baptiste on target as Brentford find a new gear after the break

After a first half that produced little goalmouth action, it took just four minutes for the Bees to take the lead after the restart.

Tahith Chong tried to ambitiously win a free-kick from Nørgaard, which the referee didn't buy, and the ball found its way to Wissa out wide. A cross came into the box and, after a couple of deflections, Maupay was in the right place at the right time to finish.

It was 2-0 shortly later, as Brentford won a corner in front of the west stand. Mbeumo's whipped delivery was met emphatically by Mee, whose effort deflected off Carlton Morris and into the back of the net.

Brown pulled one back for the visitors with 15 minutes to play, as Ross Barkley threaded a ball through to the Hatters forward. Vitaly Janelt slid in to stop the attack, but Brown pinched it back, advanced to the edge of the penalty area and slotted past Mark Flekken.

Brentford soon found themselves back on top and had a third goal to show for it. Two substitutes, Keane Lewis-Potter and Baptiste combined, with the pair showing some tidy footwork in the box, before the latter picked up a loose ball and buried it into the back of the net.

The Luton fans thought they had a late consolation, but they soon sat back down when Chong's header was ruled out for offside.

The final chance of the game fell to Lewis-Potter after a scramble in the box; his close-range effort was fired just wide of the Luton goal in added time.

Brentford: Flekken, Ghoddos (Roerslev 76), Pinnock, Mee, Janelt, Nørgaard, Onyeka, Yarmoliuk (Baptiste 70), Wissa, Maupay (Peart-Harris 90+3), Mbeumo (Lewis-Potter 76)

Subs not used: Strakosha, Angelini, Goode, Zanka, Olakigbe

Luton: Kaminski, Osho, Lockyer (Brown 46), Mengi (Giles 75), Kaboré, Ruddock Mpanzu (Clark 60), Barkley, Bell, Chong, Morris (Adebayo 60), Ogbene (Townsend Snr 60)

Subs not used: Krul, Johnson, Nelson, Berry

Attendance: 17,075

Mee praises Brentford’s patience following Luton victory

Defender Ben Mee highlighted the importance of Brentford’s first goal against Luton. After an uneventful first half, the Bees struck twice in 11 minutes after the restart to take command of the game.

“After the first half it was looking difficult, and the first goal set us off,” he said.

“They’ve got a lot of pace on the counter attack, so it was important to stay concentrated. Once we got the first goal, we played with more freedom.

“It was a good game, a tough game. We came here with a gameplan and executed it. We were patient and got the goals.”

Frank delighted with dominant performance

Thomas Frank was delighted with his side's performance. The Bees recorded 70 per cent possession at Gtech Community Stadium and had 27 attempts on the Luton goal.

"Big credit to the players," the Bees boss stated. "I think the way they overall performed today, we know every game in this league is difficult, in some ways, it was actually a very complete performance.

"First 30 minutes, we struggled to create chances, but we had tempo in the game, we had intensity.

"For the next 15 minutes, we got closer, produced more crosses, created more opportunities. And then we just continued that in the second half.

"We got a fully, well-deserved win and we dominated this game. 70 per cent possession, 27 chances, three goals and most importantly three points."