A strike from one of the Trialists was followed up up by a sweet finish from Dom Jefferies to put Neil MacFarlane’s side 2-0 up going into the final few moments before Jorome Slew threatened a very late come back for Hampton when he scored, but it wasn’t to be as the young Bees held out.

The B Team lined up with three faces who featured yesterday evening for the First Team as the likes of Mads Bidstrup, Myles Peart-Harris and Fin Stevens all built minutes by featuring heavily.

It was a game which didn’t really offer many chances in the opening stages as both sides traded possession and neither were able to really dictate things. The first sight of goal came on 18 minutes when Ryan Gondoh worked some space on the edge of the box before his low effort was hit straight at Nathan Shepperd.

Peart-Harris had Brentford’s first real chance when he pulled away to the far post unmarked and got on the end of a Stevens cross from the right, but despite connecting well, his header edged just wide.

Zac Dronfield then had a header go wide before Gondoh had a couple more half chances which threatened Shepperd’s goal without really forcing the young keeper into a save that really tested him.

The young Bees then managed to build a bit of attacking rhythm going forwards, first when Lewis Gordon broke down the left before his ball inside found Jan Zamburek but his low strike deflected behind for a corner.

Peart-Harris then had another attempt when good interplay on the edge of the box saw him work some space before shooting over as the sides went into the break level.

The match continued in much the same way moving towards the hour mark, but the introduction of Lachlan Brook threatened the Hampton left side as the Australian cut inside well just moments after coming on but he could only shoot just wide of the near post.

Ben Hockenhull had the ball in the net on 64 minutes but the goal was ruled out after he was adjudged to have fouled the goalkeeper when rising to challenge for the ball.

A host of changes then came moving into the final 15 minutes, and it was then that chances began to really happen. Brook had another attempt when he benefited from some positive attacking dribbling from Joe Adams, but his low effort was straight at the keeper. Max Haygarth then teed up Jefferies but he shot over from the edge of the box.

Just a minute later Brentford were ahead as Haygarth tried his luck after controlling well, and the keeper could only push the ball into the path of one of the Trialists who slotted home the rebound from a few yards out.

There were just a couple of minutes before Brentford’s second goal arrived and that came when one of the Trialists pulled the ball back for Jefferies on the edge of the box and he hit an excellent effort across goal from the left of the box to make it 2-0.

The third goal of the game came a minute later through Slew as Brentford were denied a clean sheet after the Hampton man was played in down the left and he comfortably slotted home into the bottom right-hand corner meaning The Bees took a 2-1 win away from the Beveree Stadium.

Hampton & Richmond Borough: Forster, Barzey, Farrell, Dronfield, Uche, Donaldson, Uche, Gondoh, Minhas, Kouasse, DanielSubs: Curtis-Henry, Fisher, Gray, Slew, Hutchins, Hagan

Brentford B: Shepperd, Oyegoke, Gordon (Adedokun, 74), Bidstrup (Adams, 74) Hockenhull, Jones, Stevens (Trialist, 74) Zamburek (Jefferies, 74), Young-Coombes (Trialist, 74) Trevitt (Brook, 57) Peart-Harris (Haygarth, 74)Subs not used: Rees, Crama, Hercules