The young Bees were undone by two first half strikes before Tom Blair added a third midway through the second period in Hampshire.

There were a number of absentees from the usual Brentford B side with the likes of Ben Hockenuhull, Lachlan Brook, Aaron Pressley and Fin Stevens all missing for Neil MacFarlane’s team at The Silverlake Stadium.

Eastleigh started the game on the front foot and rarely let up with the likes of Blair and Dan Smith putting the side under considerable pressure up top for The Spitfires. Blair would have two attempts well kept out by Ellery Balcombe within the first 20 minutes as the young Bees struggled to cope with their opponent’s threat.

Some promising wing play from the likes of Max Haygarth and Joe Adams seemed to be the only real threat for The Bees, but despite some neat passing, clear-cut opportunities were scarce.

Balcombe would be called into action once again when Ryan Hill was prevented from scoring with a smart save, but the goal would come just three minutes later when Dan Bradshaw tapped home from close range following Smith’s low cross as The Bees gave away possession in their own half.

Smith would get himself on the scoresheet just a couple of minutes later when Eastleigh pounced on another loose pass to punish Brentford B who struggled to get to grips with the first 30 minutes.

A couple of half chances would fall for the young Bees before the break when the Trialist up front received the ball in the area before turning well and shooting wide of goal as the rain began to pour in Hampshire. Valgeir Valgeirsson, back from international duty with Iceland’s under-21s, would then try his luck when a cross from Adams found its way to the far post, but his powerful effort was well saved as they went in at the break 2-0 down.

A number of half-time substitutes for The Bees would see them come out after the break looking to get back into the game. Simon Andersson, who replaced Balcombe would be called into action, though, after eight minutes when a low cross came off the boot of Aubrel Koutsimouka before the Swede dived to prevent an own goal.

The Bees would see more of the ball as the half wore on, but once again, those chances didn’t arrive, despite the efforts of the tricky Haygarth in the Eastleigh box, he was crowded out on 54 minutes before he could get a clean strike away.

After the hour mark more subs entered the field with a number of Trialists getting game time against the National League outfit, and Eastleigh managed a third 11 minutes from time when the ball found its way to Blair just inside the box and he swept home past Andersson to make it 3-0.

A late chance would fall to substitute Wraynel Hercules when he looked to counter but he couldn’t keep his effort on target with his low shot dragging just wide of the Eastleigh goal as the side were unable to hit back.

Eastleigh: Flitney, Partington, Baughan, Bradshaw, Bird, Scorey, Blair, Bearwish, Smith, Hill, TrialistSubs: Philpott, Bragg, Kamdem-Fotso, Gray, Willcox, Feltham, Tornainen

Brentford B: Balcombe (Andersson, 45) Adams, Gordon, Koutsimouka (Trialist, 68) O'Connor, Trialist (Carre, 45), Valgeirsson (Trialist, 63) Hammar (Trialist, 45) Haygarth, Trialist (Hercules, 45) Crama (Trialist, 77)