It was a tale of two penalties with Patrik coming out on top as he saved a second half spot-kick before Veton Berisha scored his in injury time as Viking FK recorded a 1-0 win over Mjøndalen away from home. A match that Viking probably shaded but they were unable to make any dominance count as they were frustrated by the hosts until the later winner. Nearing the end of their campaign, they sit third in the table after 26 games, three points off second placed Molde. Next up for the side is Haugesund on Saturday.

In Turkey, Halil Dervişoğlu played the first 63 minutes as Galatasaray drew 1-1 with Fatih Karagümrük. Galatasaray fell behind to Andrea Bertolacci’s goal before substitute Mostafa Mohamed ensured Galatasaray would get a point on the road as he finished on 88 minutes. The side are fourth in the table after 12 games and have claimed 21 points. They are home to fellow giants Fenerbahçe after the international break.

In England it was Emirates FA Cup First Round weekend and there were wins for all three of our players out on loan. Starting with Swindon Town, they beat Crewe Alexandra 3-0 away from home and Alex Gilbert earned six minutes of game time. Louis Reed netted twice, either side of Tyreece Simpson’s 52nd minute strike at Gresty Road, to book Swindon a spot in the next round. Next up for Alex and his team is Papa John’s Trophy action on Tuesday at home to Newport.

As for AFC Wimbledon, they progressed with a 1-0 win at home over Guiseley. The only goal came from Ollie Palmer just before half-time. The away side went close in the second half but were unable to convert as The Dons claimed the win. Aaron Pressley, who turned 20 on Sunday, came on for the final 25 minutes in the match to help the side hold on to the win. Next up for the side is Sutton United away in the Papa John’s Trophy on Tuesday.

Ellery Balcombe was an unused substitute as Burton Albion beat Fleetwood Town 2-1 away from home to get into the hat for the next round. The hosts took the lead on 12 minutes but Burton hit back just two minutes later through Joe Powell. The match was decided 13 minutes from time as Daniel Jebbison was on hand to fire home to secure Albion the victory. The side travel to Wycombe Wanderers in the Papa John’s Trophy on Tuesday.

Finally, there was a much-needed win for Jaakko Oksanen’s Greenock Morton as they beat Dunfermline 3-1 away from home in the Scottish Championship. It was another 90 minutes for the midfielder, who turned 21 on Sunday. Gary Oliver scored the first for Morton on 13 minutes before Matthew Todd levelled things 10 minutes before the break. The second period belonged to Morton, though, as they struck on 60 minutes through Chigozie Ugwu before a late Oliver penalty wrapped up the points.