The game time came from two of our goalkeepers in Patrik Gunnarsson and Ellery Balcombe, who had mixed fortunes for their clubs.

Starting abroad, Patrik was in goal for Silkeborg as they returned to league action in the Danish First Division and claimed a 2-0 home win against Hvidovre. Nicklas Helenius grabbed both of the goals for Silkeborg just three minutes apart in the second half of the game as Patrik helped himself to a clean sheet for the Danish side, who sit third in the league and face Kolding IF on Thursday.

As for Ellery, he and his Doncaster side were beaten 4-1 away from home at Sunderland. Charlie Wyke grabbed all four of Sunderland’s goals- including a first half hat-trick. Ellery played the full 90 minutes and the side will look to go again on Wednesday when they host Accrington Stanley.

Dom Thompson, Jaakko Oksanen and Joe Adams all had their games postponed for their loan clubs as the matches fell victim to the frozen weather which rendered the surfaces unplayable, but Stevenage did manage to play their match away at Bolton Wanderers. Arthur Read wasn’t involved in the game, which saw them fall to a 1-0 defeat with Declan John netting the all-important goal on seven minutes. Stevenage are 21st in the table in Sky Bet League Two.

Back abroad, games did go ahead in Poland as Legia Warsaw drew 1-1 away from home at Jagiellonia Białystok. Joel Valencia was an unused substitute in the match which was decided within the first 20 minutes through two penalty kicks. Jesus Imaz stepped up for the hosts early on before Tomas Pekhart converted on 18 minutes. Legia are second in the Ekstraklasa.

In Turkey, it was Galatasaray against Kasımpaşa S.K. at the Türk Telekom Stadium and it was the home side who came out on top with a 2-1 win. Neither Halil Dervişoğlu or Julian Jeanvier were involved in the match with both players absent from the matchday squads. The game was won in the 89th minute through a Mostafa Mohamed penalty and Galatasaray now sit top of the Turkish Super Lig on goal difference.