Starting with League One, there was an emphatic victory for AFC Wimbledon as they gave their survival hopes a real boost with a 5-1 win at Accrington Stanley. Jaakko Oksanen started on the bench but came on for the final eight minutes of the game in what was a positive afternoon for The Dons.

They actually fell behind first when Michael Nottingham headed home on four minutes. Ollie Palmer levelled things on 21 minutes, though, and Wimbledon took the lead three minutes before the break when the forward grabbed another. It was three in first half stoppage time when Ayoub Assal sent a lopping header into the net. It got even better for Wimbledon just before the hour mark as Joe Pigott saw his free-kick end up in the back of the net before the fifth arrived courtesy of Assal’s second of the game. The Dons now sit outside of the relegation places by one point and they also have a game in hand on Wigan who are below them.

As for Dom Thomson and Swindon Town, he played the first 63 minutes of their 3-0 home defeat to Peterborough United. Two goals from Siriki Dembele put United in a comfortable position in the first half before Jonson Clarke-Harris grabbed the third in added time to leave Swindon second from bottom after three consecutive defeats.

Ellery Balcombe grabbed another 90 minutes for Doncaster Rovers but it came in a 4-1 home defeat to relegation-threatened Wigan Athletic. The away side stormed to a 3-0 lead inside 33 minutes with Joe Dodoo, Thelo Aasgaard and Viv Solomon-Otabor all finding the net. Doncaster earned a lifeline when Taylor Richards struck in first half stoppage time, but there would be no comeback as Will Keane grabbed the fourth goal for Wigan in the 81st minute. Rovers have dropped to 11th in the table and remain six points away from the play-off places.

In Sky Bet League Two, Arthur Read gained 90 minutes in a game where Stevenage’s good run of results was brought to a halt. The side were beaten 2-1 away from home at Salford City to sit 14th in the table. The game’s first goal came on 52 minutes through Brandon Thomas-Asante following a Richie Towell cross. Arthur and his teammates weren’t behind for long though as Luther Wildin netted from outside the box to make it 1-1. Salford’s winner then came when Ian Henderson headed home following a City corner.

On foreign soil, there was more game time for Patrik Gunnarsson and his Silkeborg side played another Play-Off game in Denmark. They drew 1-1 away with Esbjerg in a game where they went ahead through Magnus Mattsson on 24 minutes. The home side broke Silkeborg’s nine-game winning streak as Kevin Conboy levelled 20 minutes from time. HB Køge are Silkeborg’s next opponent, and they are still still one point ahead of Esbjerg in the battle for second place, which triggers promotion.

In Turkey, Halil Dervişoğlu was an unused substitute for Galatasaray as they drew 1-1 Fatih Karagümrük at home. The result means the side lost more ground on top spot as they now sit eight points behind Beşiktaş. Alassane Ndao put the away side in front on the hour before Ryan Babel found the net just two minutes later.

Julian Jeanvier’s Kasımpaşa S.K. are in action today against Yeni Malatyaspor. They are currently 15th in the table and Julian has been out with a long term injury.

In Poland, Joel Valencia’s Legia Warsaw drew 0-0 with Lech Poznan in the Ekstraklasa. Joel wasn’t involved in the match day squad and the side are still eight points clear at the top of the table.