Beginning in Turkey, Halil played 82 minutes as he started for the Turkish giants away from home at Trabzonspor. Galatasaray will have left the field disappointed not to have claimed all three points as they were 2-0 ahead after a couple of strikes from Emre Kılınç. Halil grabbed the assist for Kılınç’s second and it was a game where the home side struck back with a goal not long before half-time before Anthony Nwakaeme levelled things just after the hour. Galatasaray are currently fifth in the league table.

Staying outside of England, Patrik Gunnarsson remained on the bench for Viking FK’s 3-1 win away from home against Stabæk. Veton Berisha netted twice for Viking whilst Viljar Vevatne also scored. Viking are sixth in the Norwegian Eliteserien table and they’ll take on FK Bodø/Glimt on Sunday.

Back in the UK there was a win for Aaron Pressley’s AFC Wimbledon and the Brentford B forward earned eight minutes of game time as a second half substitute in the 4-3 victory away at Morecambe. Ayoub Assal grabbed the winner in injury time to put Wimbledon fourth in League One. Wimbledon went ahead on six minutes through Anthony Hartigan to take a lead into the second half. Cole Stockton then levelled things on 49 minutes before Shane McLoughlin headed home to put the home side ahead. Ethan Chislett made it 2-2 when he volleyed in just after the hour but Morecambe scored again four minutes later as Stockton grabbed his second of the afternoon. The Dons kept battling and made it 3-3 through Will Nightingale and then the winner came moments before the death as Assal’s effort found the top corner. Next up for The Dons is a home match with Plymouth.

Also in League One Ellery Balcombe was an unused substitute for Burton Albion’s 1-1 draw with Gillingham. Vadaine Oliver put Gillingham ahead on 17 minutes before Kane Hemmings netted for Albion straight after the break. Burton play Crewe Alexandra away from home on Saturday.

In Sky Bet League Two, Alex Gilbert kept up his promising start to his time with Swindon Town as he grabbed an assist in Swindon’s narrow home defeat to Port Vale. Ben Garrity opened the scoring on 22 minutes for the away side but Town hit back shortly after the break when Alex squared the ball for Tyreece Simpson to tap home to level the score. With nine minutes remaining Garrity struck again as he turned the ball in following a rebound off the post. Next up for Town is an away trip to Northampton Town.

Finally, Jaakko Oksanen played his first 90 minutes for Greenock Morton in their 1-0 home defeat to Kilmarnock. Rory McKenzie grabbed the game’s only goal to seal the win for the away side and Morton will now look to bounce back against Raith Rovers on Saturday.