The previous game between these teams produced eight goals and the first game back from lockdown did not disappoint. Will Blithing’s side scored nine to maintain their two-point lead at the top of the Greater London WFL Division 2 North.

Brentford took the lead in the opening 15 minutes. Kasey Clifford played a ball down the line, which was met by Jasmine Williamson. She then crossed the ball to the back post for Shannon Read to volley in.

Brentford doubled their lead soon after and it was a well worked goal by the Bees. Nadia Jaffa played the ball to Read, who worked a neat one-two with Williamson. It was an easy square ball back to Williamson, who slotted home from close range.

Forest Crusaders pulled one back against the run of play to make it 2-1. A long ball over the top was met first-time but goalkeeper Hannah Iguchi was equal to it. The follow-up was struck home on the rebound by Shannon Simpson.

Crusaders then pounced on the momentum and snuck an equaliser. A controversial decision from the officials went against Brentford in the build-up but that didn’t stop the home team advancing in numbers and scoring on the break through Andrea John.

It was 3-2 to the Bees almost instantly. Williamson beat two players before blasting the ball into the top corner.

Before the break, Brentford had a chance to make it four from the penalty spot. Clifford stepped up but the keeper guessed correctly and managed to keep it out.

The two-goal cushion returned after the restart, Williamson played it wide for Harpreet Heer to whip the ball perfectly into the path of Read. She was on hand to sweep it in from right in front of goal.

Both front players then completed their hat-tricks. First, Williamson got on the end of a Clifford free-kick to take the ball beyond the keeper and slot into an empty net. Then Read converted a penalty to score Brentford’s sixth and her third.

Crusaders thought they had one back but for an incredible Iguchi save. A bicycle kick from the forward was tipped away from goal at full stretch.

Williamson then converted a fourth, number 17 for the season in just eight games, to make it 7-2 as the game really became out of reach for the hosts. She was one-on-one with the keeper but made her finish look easy.

The home side did get another goal back, Simpson again but this time it was a controlled effort from the edge of the box that crept inside the post.

Eniola Idowu scored her second of the season to make it 8-3. A through ball from the midfield arrived at her feet and she wasted no time in striking low beyond the keeper.

Heer rounded off the scoring. A corner into the six-yard-box caused chaos in the box, Heer was there to swipe it into the net as the keeper tried to pounce on the loose ball.