- By using this website and giving your information to us, you indicate your consent to us and our commercial partners collecting and using your personal information in accordance with the terms set out in this policy.
2. ABOUT US
- We take the privacy of all of our fans, customers, web site users, and employees very seriously and take great care to protect your personal information.
- We are a registered data controller in the United Kingdom and our registration numbers are: Brentford Football Club Company Z9101194 and Brentford FC Community Sports Trust Z9181286. Please see the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website (www.ico.gov.uk) ‘Register of Data Controllers' for further information
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- To provide you with the products or services you request we may collect, store and use personal information you have disclosed to us via our website, telephone conversations, emails, written and verbal communications and CCTV recorded images.
- We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, email address, date of birth, telephone number and credit or debit card details. We may also record details of any disability or health needs you may have at the time of booking an event or service which will take place at our stadium or any of our other premises to help ensure your safety.
- We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other organisations, e.g. our commercial partners.
- Like other websites, information and data on the Brentford websites may, with your consent, be collected using standard technology called ‘cookies' that allow us to recognise you, customise your experience, and serve appropriate advertisements; please read our Cookies Web policy (section 10) for full details of the type of cookies we use, why and how we obtain your consent to use them.
- We will retain and maintain your information for as long as we have a relationship with you; once that has ended we will retain it in accordance with our retention schedule and it will then be deleted and destroyed.
4. HOW WILL WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information you provide:
- To create an individual profile for you so we can understand and respect your preferences and provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using Brentford websites;
- To administer and provide products or services you request;
- For general record-keeping purposes;
- To carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
- To track activity on our website;
- For fraud screening and prevention purposes;
- To help ensure the health and safety of both staff and customers on our premises.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent except where it is necessary to carry out your instructions (to process your payment information, for example).
Please note that in order to fulfil your requests for paid services we share your payment information with our payment processor (see Section 6).
5. BRENTFORD'S COMMERICAL PARTNER PROGRAMME
- Our commercial partner programme is designed to support Brentford and also to bring customers a diverse range of offers that we think might be of interest to them.
- We work with a selection of carefully chosen commercial partners and an up-to-date list of these is available by following this link or by contacting us at the address below.
- From time-to-time, we and/or our commercial partners would like to contact you to tell you more about the offers available to you and about a range of other initiatives through a number of different ways including by post, telephone, text/picture/video message, fax or by email.
- If you express an interest in an offer from one of our commercial partners, we have asked that our commercial partners let us know. This enables us to take your views and interests into account when choosing our commercial partners and developing our commercial partner programme.
- Please be assured, you are under no obligation to buy anything or to participate in any Brentford FC initiatives. If, at any time after registering, you would like to change your preferences and subscribe to, or unsubscribe from, any newsletters or direct marketing, you can do so by changing your preferences on within your account(s) on either and/or both of our ticketing website (http://www.brentfordfc.talent-sport.co.uk/) and our retail website (http://www.brentforddirect.co.uk/) or by contacting us via the contact details at Section 17 below.
- Please note, that if you do opt out of receiving information then we and/or our commercial partners will be unable to keep you informed of new services, products, events or special offers that may interest you and our ability to inform you of ticketing opportunities may be affected.
6. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION
- We will use your financial information to enable payment authorisation and billing including any online, mail order, or telephone purchases.
- When you purchase any products or services from us, your consent is given to provide your financial information and personal information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as debit/credit card companies, banks and companies that handle delivery and shipping on our behalf.
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk protection.
- We will not share your financial information with other third parties for any other reason unless we have your explicit consent.
- We realise and understand that many children and young people will visit the website, or interact with Brentford Football Club and its affiliates via another route, and it is our policy not to make a child's participation in a Brentford site activity contingent on the child disclosing any more personal information than is reasonably necessary in order to do so.
- We encourage all persons under 18 to consult with their parents or legal guardian before submitting any content or information to Brentford Football Club, its affiliates, commercial partners or other third parties.
- Any child or young person using the Brentford site and any of the services offered is confirming that they have received the consent of their parent or a guardian to do so.
- Parents or legal guardians should, in particular, supervise children when online and we recommend that parental control tools be put in place.
- Although anyone known to be under the age of 18 may participate in certain competitions and promotions, notification of a win or prize will be sent directly to the parent or legal guardian identified in the initial registration process. Any publication of a competition winner's personal details for visitors known to be under 18 will require parental or legal guardian consent during registration.
- We are dedicated to the protection of children's personal information and we do not actively market to children.
- A parent/guardian may submit a request via email/in writing to the Data Protection Officer at the address set out in Section 17 to stop any additional use of a child's personal information or to request that we delete the personal information. Before disclosing information about a child, we may request that the parent/guardian provide reasonable information about the child for identification purposes (e.g. child's name, address, telephone number etc).
8. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
- Some of the organisations to which we may disclose your personal information (including, but not limited to, our affiliates and partners) are situated outside of the European Union. In order to provide you with the products and services you require, we may need to transfer your personal information to these countries some of which do not have laws that protect privacy rights as extensively as in the United Kingdom.
- If we do transfer your personal information to other territories, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is properly protected.
9. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THE INTERNET
- Brentford operates a number of websites including but not limited to www.brentfordfc.co.uk ("the Brentford websites"). The Brentford websites contain links to other websites which are provided for the benefit of our customers.
- We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every website that you visit including those of our commercial partners, some of which may be branded in Brentford colours or with the Brentford logo.
- The Brentford websites include certain chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups (including, but without limitation, the Bees Wall) on which you can post information. Any information that you chose to post in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal details as part of that information.
- Do not use your access to the Brentford websites to spam, abuse or harass other users (including staff) or otherwise breach our Terms & Conditions of use governing the use of Brentford websites.
- In common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called 'cookies' on the Brentford websites. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by the browser on a computer's hard drive and they are used to record how people use and navigate websites.
- Cookies do not attach to your system or damage your files. Our cookies are used to enable us to develop our website to reflect your interests and by noting which pages and advertisements you have visited, how frequently particular pages are visited and determining the most popular areas of our website.
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (2011) requires website operators to provide information about the cookies that it uses on its website(s) and in some instances to obtain the consent of website users to the use of those cookies.
PLEASE READ OUR COOKIES POLICY FOR FULL DETAILS OF THE TYPE OF COOKIES WE USE, WHY AND HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR CONSENT TO USE THEM.
11. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We take the security of your personal information very seriously and it is secured in accordance with current legislative requirements, industry standards and technology.
- When customers place orders via the Brentford websites, we use or offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information before it is sent to us.
- We take all reasonable steps to guard against unauthorised access to customer data and have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse.
- We only allow access to your personal information when it is absolutely necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of that information.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information and for controlling access to your profile at all times.
- Although we take all reasonable steps to create a secure environment for your personal information, we cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information which you provide to us.
12. DISCLOSURE (SHARING) OF YOUR INFORMATION
- In addition, there are some other limited reasons where we may disclose your personal information to third parties and these are as follows:
- To ensure that we manage your data effectively and efficiently, in which case we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some data processing activities on our behalf. This might, for example, include checking your details against the telephone preference service. We may also need to appoint other organisations to carry out data processing activities such as mailing services and mail order fulfilment.
- If Brentford Football Club or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Brentford, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may monitor or record telephone calls and we may also use CCTV at or near our premises. The primary reason for this monitoring is for training and/or health and safety and security purposes and also to improve the quality of services that we provide to you.
14. YOUR RIGHTS TO:
- Access Your Personal Information: You have the right to see a copy of the information that we hold about you by contacting the Data Protection Officer using the mail/email address in Section 17. Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us. We may charge a small fee towards the cost of administering any request you make. The current fee is £10.00.
- Update and Amend Your Personal Information: You have the right to ask that the information we hold about you is corrected by updating/changing your profile preferences or by contacting the Data Protection Officer using the mail/email address in Section 17. Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us. We would encourage you to update your personal information promptly if it changes.
- Opt-out of Being Contacted: You have the right to ask that we and/or our commercial partners stop contacting you by clicking the relevant boxes on the screen upon which you provide information or by contacting the Data Protection Officer using the mail/email address in Section 17. Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
- Close Your Account/Delete Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that we close your account and/or delete your personal information from our database by contacting the Data Protection Officer using the mail/email address in Section 17. Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us. We will make all reasonable efforts to comply with this request. However, it may not be possible to delete an entry without some delay and without retaining some residual personal information because of backups and records of deletions or because we are required to retain personal information for other lawful requirements.
15. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please also visit our Terms and Conditions of use section by clicking here. The Terms and Conditions establish the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of this Brentford FC website.
15. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Data Protection Officer
Brentford Football Club
Braemar Road, Brentford
London, TW8 0NT
Tel: 08453 456 442